ABOUT THE CLASS
Starting August 2021, we will be offering classes in-person!
We strongly encourage you to attend in-person for the best homebuyer learning experience. If you are out of town or unable to otherwise attend in person, we will have that option available as well. Please select the virtual option at registration if you are unable to attend in person.
The new location of the class will be:
Home Builders Association
1802 32nd Ave S
Fargo, ND 58103
The Doorsteps F-M Homebuyer Class is a monthly 2-day evening class from 5:00-9:00 PM in Fargo, ND and serves Fargo, Moorhead, West Fargo, and surrounding areas. The agenda has been approved by the North Dakota Housing Finance Agency (NDHFA) and meets the requirement for first time homebuyers under their their loan program. The class also meets the standard set by the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling. Click Here for more information on what this means.
The Doorsteps F-M Homebuyer Class can help you qualify for downpayment assistance, if that is the best loan program for you. North Dakota loan programs can grant up to $7500 in downpayment assistance.
To provide free community education and encouragement to prospective home owners in, around, and beyond ND and MN.
- To educate and encourage people to make the best home buying decision
- To have the most educated, trusted presenters
- To be the most educated and trained first time homebuyer class in the area
- To expand our reach throughout North Dakota and Minnesota — and beyond
- To create a warm, fun environment to learn about the next chapter in people’s lives
- To utilize technology for greater outreach and understanding
- To partner with like-minded organizations to expand our reach
- To ensure everyone has access to homebuyer education and resources
- To protect the rights of all students and presenters
- To continually accept feedback and adjust, change and grow for a class that continually suits student needs